7 Last Minute dates for Valentines Day!
Love day is here, yet again! If you have been super busy, forgot or whatever the case may be, check out the below last minute 7 ideas D magazine came up with to spoil your significant other or treat yourself!
1. Spend the day at an art museum: For that creative person in your life, Dallas is full of art galleries to spend your day at, and you don’t need to worry about making reservations. The Dallas Museum of Art is hosting a Valentine’s dinner, but if you don’t have time to secure tickets, there are always places like Lab Art, the Crow Collection of Asian Art, and the Bath House Cultural Center for a day spent appreciating some quality artistry.
2. Make last-minute dinner reservations: OpenTable.com to the rescue! Those in desperate need of some sort of dinner reservations for the night can let OpenTable.com do the work for you. The website tells you which restaurants are booked and what times are available, so you don’t have to call every single place on your own. It’ll seem like you had everything planned perfectly all along, and can be our little secret.
3.Picnic at a park: Klyde Warren Park is hosting a ‘Hearts in the Park’ event with plenty of activities to enjoy with that special someone. Avoid a traditional V-Day dinner date and host an intimate picnic there or at Main Street Garden for a day spent appreciating nature and some amazing weather beside your boo.
4. Attend a show: Music lovers can rejoice, with shows ranging from house DJ Paul Van Dyk at Lizard Lounge to Fantasia and Rickey Smiley at Fair Park. You can secure tickets in advance or purchase the day of.
5. Spend your day with some furry friends: Places like the Dallas Zoo and the Dallas Aquarium are open for those who want to impress their significant others with some help from a few furry friends. The Dallas Zoo is hosting an event where participants can spend the day like a National Geographic photographer—without the travel—and enjoy your time with a few industry professionals .
6. Celebrate being single: Bowl and Barrel feels your pain and is hosting a Single Awareness Day. In exchange for a photo of your ex-lover to burn, you receive free drinks and ladies can dine for free. So being single on Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to bite too bad.
7. Unwind in style: If you want to go all-out last minute and have the budget to do so Spa Castle still has couples packages available for a day of relaxation with your long-time lover or recent fling. This is your go-to for an intimate session with that special someone where you get the chance to connect with them in a special way.